Search this Blog
350 South 5th Street
City Hall, Room 239
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
For more information
visit the City of Minneapolis website:
Our Blog Pages
- Black History Month
- Case Accounts
- Urban Scholars
- Ahmed’s Voice: Meeting the Chief Information Officer
- Ahmed’s Voice: Respect in the Workplace Policy and Ethics Code Training
- Ahmed’s Voice: The Graduation Speech
- Camille’s Voice: CPED Overview
- Camille’s Voice: We Don’t Make Widgets
- Dafina’s Voice: City Hall Tour
- Jilla’s Voice: Diversity In The Workplace
- Tayis’s Voice: Urban Scholars Department Discussion
- Teneka’s Voice: Dress for Success
- Tony’s Voice: Round Table Event with the Mayor
- Tony’s Voice: The Urban Scholars Initiative
- Tony’s Voice: Our Day As Fire Fighters!
Black History Month History. Tradition. Community. February is Black History Month. Since 1926, and the creation of Negro History Week by Carter G. Woodson, the accomplishments of persons of African descent have been recognized each February. The Minneapolis Department of … Continue reading
On Sunday, November 2nd, more than 3,500 people gathered at the Tribal Nations Plaza just outside of TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota to protest the mascot name and imagery of the Washington NFL team. Community members marched with … Continue reading
Urban Scholar Manire Vaughn with Civil rights pioneer Dr. Josie Johnson at the Voting Rights Act: Act to Remember-Act to Restore interfaith event.
The City of Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights supported community members this weekend at the 27th Annual Twin Cities Juneteenth Celebration. The department was joined by the Saint Paul Department of Human Rights and the Minnesota Department of Human Rights.