New Contract Special Provisions Training
The goal of the training/information session is to provide contractors doing business with the City of Minneapolis comprehensive details about the NEW Small and Underutilized Business Program (SUBP) Contract Special Provisions.
These provisions explain the City of Minneapolis Small and Underutilized Business Enterprise Program (SUBP) requirements applicable to covered contracts.
The City of Minneapolis has SUBSTANTIALLY changed the SUBP. Changes include:
- Type of required documentation and when it is submitted
- What happens when you fail to submit information
- How to identify the level of MBE and WBE participation
- What is a commercially useful function
- How to count participation
- What are Good Faith Efforts (GFE)
- How we will evaluate GFE where goals not met
- Post-award substitutions
- Details about new penalties for noncompliance
Training will be held on Tuesday, November 15th at 2:00 – 4:00 pm and Tuesday, November 22nd at 2:00 pm 4:00 pm. Contractors need not sign up for both days, as the training will be identical each day. If your firm is currently bidding on City of Minneapolis construction projects or if you are considering bidding in the future, you are highly encouraged to attend one of the sessions, as the expectation will be that you understand the changes to the contract special provisions.
The training will be held at:
University of Minnesota
Outreach and Engagement Center (UROC)
Conference Room 105
2001 Plymouth Avenue North
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55411
Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/f8p47
Please RSVP to one of the two sessions via e-mail to RSVPCCUEvents@minneapolismn.gov